Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Faces in the Bathroom Tile

Two days of seminars and a day off to visit sisters. Both seminars fell far short of my expectations. Both were on subjects I really had interest in and both of the speakers turned out to be the sterotypical "absent minded professor", the later getting off on some tirade that lasted for half an hour until one invidiual finally stated that while he didn't disagree with anything the speaker had said, he wondered if we might get back to the subject. I also made a rather interesting and possibly disturbing discovery. The men's restroom had tiles that seemed to include what looked like the profile of a man's face. That wasn't the most disturbing thing though, on closer inspection the face bore a strong resemblence to adolph hitler. There was a moustache about the open mouth and what looked like an empty eye above the nose. I don't think they meant to have hitler's profile staring up at you as you sat upon the throne and perhaps it says more about my very strange imagination but there was no disputing that is what several of the tiles appeared to be. And no I didn't ask anyone else about whether or not they saw the same thing.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Yes, sometimes it is best to not share all of your observations, but since we are sharing....

I was in a ladies room in a very quirky bistro, (anything called a bistro MUST be quirky, it's a law) in the door of the stall was a peephole, when I noticed this I was a little concerned, until I discovered it looked out. It was odd. And yes, as a matter of fact, I AM an expert on quirky and odd. Does this surprise you?

I will return to read your well crafted reply. Hint!

Warwick Circle said...

No, considering your job I would think being an expert on q & o would be a necessity. (and I note that merely being an expert on q/o doesn't mean you yourself are either.

Michele said...

Good answer, you must work in marketing. Teasing.